We are OPEN! Mon to Fri 10-5, Sat 10-3. Free Shipping on orders over 250$ in Canada! All milk paint 30% off!!
100% NATURAL OIL FOR INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR SURFACES OF WOOD, STONE, CONCRETE, CORK AND METAL. FOR FLOORS, FURNITURE, WALLS AND CEILINGS.
Oil for floors, furniture, cabinets, countertops, kitchen islands, interior and exterior doors and windows.
TUNG OIL is extracted from the nuts of the Bancoule, walnut originating from Indonesia. It is also called ABRASIN OIL or Chinese wood oil. TUNG OIL gives a long-lasting finish. It offers great flexibility which protects against cracks in the wood. It offers good siccativity and has an excellent penetration.
EVO’s TUNG OIL is 100% pure and natural. It is not polymerized and contains no petroleum solvents nor chemicals. It hardens in contact with air through evaporation and oxidation.
TUNG OIL brings out the beauty of the grain of the wood and can be used for finishing surfaces in contact with food such as counters, worktops, butcher blocks, cutting boards, wooden dishes and utensils. It can be used both indoors and outdoors and is ideal for protecting wooden constructions, patio projects or garden furniture. For outdoor use, you need to pigment the oil to get UV ray protection. Does not release any VOCs;
- Indoor and outdoor use;
- 100% natural;
- Slight amber colour;
- Contains no petroleum nor chemical products;
- Leaves no surface film;
- Waterproof, but lets the surface breathe;
- Resistant to water, abrasion, alcohol and acids;
- Easy to maintain;
- Does not darken the wood over time;
- Can be diluted with CITRUS SOLVENT or with ISO-DILUENT without denaturing the product;
- NONTOXIC, IT IS FDA APPROVED FOR FOOD SURFACES.
The surface must be clean, free of dust and all wax or varnish residues. The product must be at room temperature.
For application on wood:
- TUNG OIL must be well mixed before application. Sand the wood with 100 to 120 grit sandpaper. Dust with a WHITE JERSEY COTTON CLOTH. Keep the TUNG OIL at a temperature above 15 °C.
- For maple or very dense woods, moisten the surface with a mop or damp cloth. When the surface is completely dry, after about 2 hours, lightly sand with 200 grit sandpaper to break the wood fibre, dust thoroughly.
Always try on a sample before starting your project
Apply beforehand, a natural paint or a stain without sealer such as: MILK PAINT or any other water or alcohol-based stain.
To improve the penetration and drying process, dilute the first two coats of oil with 50% ISO-DILUANT or CITRUS SOLVENT. To protect a surface in contact with food, use pure oil.
Apply a thin coat of oil using an APPLICATOR PAD. Apply in circles so that the oil penetrates the pores of the wood without creating any extra thickness. The surface should be well saturated and no longer absorb oil. Wait a maximum of 30 minutes before rubbing in the direction of the grain of the wood with a WHITE JERSEY COTTON CLOTH to allow the oil to penetrate and remove the excess products.
NUMBER OF COATS:
A 24-hour delay is required between coats.
- 2 to 4 coats are necessary for furniture and woodwork that is not in high usage;
- 4 to 6 coats are necessary for heavily used furniture, cutting boards, salad bowls or surfaces that come in contact food;
- 6 to 8 coats for floors.
130 to 220 sq.ft/L depending on the hardness of the wood species.